Microwave oven has become an integral part of modern kitchens which helps reheat food in no time.Here is an easy and interesting recipe of masala peanuts which are oil-free and healthy which turn out to be crunchy munchy!!
I came across this recipe from a food group where Iam a member.Thanks to Ms Baleri for this wonderful recipe.
Peanuts 1.5 cups
Salt to taste
Chilli powder to taste
Chickpea flour (besan) just enough to coat the nuts
Rice flour just enough to coat the nuts
- Wash the peanuts and drain into a colander.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add salt and chilli powder according to your needs and give a nice toss,so that salt,chilli powder gets well coated.
- Rest it for 1-2 hours
- Sprinkle besan,rice flour just enough to coat,again toss it to help the nuts gets well coated,else u can do it with a spatula.
- Place the coated nuts on a micro safe glass dish evenly and microwave on high gor 2 minutes
- Give a nice stir to the nuts,again micro for 2 minutes.Do this taking in between breaks for a total 10 minutes.Let it rest in microwave for 10 more minutes even after the process is done as the warmth helps the nuts to turn crisp.
Mine were done in 10 minutes.