This is one of the simplest accompaniment that goes good with rice.Sarupkari is something that is like a soup with beans in it.It gets ready in minutes and outcome is so tasty and healthy and packed with whole lot of nutrition that nothing can comfort u on a tired /lazy day or when you are clueless what to cook,or When you are out of stock of veggies at home.
Whole green moong 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Garlic flakes 5-6
Red chillies 3-4
Water to pressure cook 3 cups (approx)
Oil 1 tbsp.
- Wash green moong and pressure cook adding water (just after the first whistle is about to start,turn the flame to sim,cook for 5 minutes.while switching off turn to high,when the whistle is abt to blow,switch off.)
- once the pressure is down,transfer the boiled daal to a soup pot,add salt and bring to boil
- in a small frying pan take the mentioned amount of oil and heat it up. Add garlic(lightly crushed),let it turn brown.add chillies(break into pieces),let it also roast.
- Pour this into the soup pot and bring to one boil.switch off.
- Serve with hot steamed rice with some simple subzi,pickle and papad
The most comfort food around,also serves as a quick fix healthy meal.