This is a wonderful recipe from sharmispassions.com.With minor additions into the originals the result was simply yummy as it was the first time that I had baked a cake with fresh ripe mango and that too eggless !!!
All purpose flour(maida) 1cup
Semolina(chiroti rava) 1/2 cup
Ripe Mango 1(big)
Powdered sugar 3/4 cup
Olive oil 2tbsp
Baking soda 1/2tsp
Baking powder 1tsp
Salt a pinch
Cardamom powder (elaichi) 1/2tsp
Tutti frutti 2tbsp
- Pre-heat oven @190 degrees C.
- Grease a baking tin which is 8" in diameter and 2" in depth with some butter and also dust some flour
- In a small bowl combine tutti fruiti ,almonds.sprinkle little flour and mix.Save a few slivered almonds to top on the cake.
- Sieve flour,baking soda and baking powder 2-3 times.Mix semolina and set aside.
- Wash,peel and slice mangoes,and blend to form a puree without adding water
- In a mixing bowl cream together sugar and oil.
- Add mango puree,curd,cardamom powder,salt and whisk well
- Add the sifted flour in batches and gently fold the batter.
- Add the slivered almonds,tutti frutti andmix gently
- Pour this into a greased cake tin.Add the slivered almonds on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven @190 degrees C for about 40 minutes,or until a knife poked in the centre of cake come out clean.