This is a recipe for eggless cake lovers-a chocolate cake that has no eggs,yet the texture is perfect and taste..simply awesome!!!.Baking still remains a challenge to me as I keep trying different recipes surfed from the net.This is one such I came up recently and was worth trying and will remain as one of my favourties.I have followed this one from kiniskitchen.blogspot with a slight decrease in the quantity of liquid in the recipe with my past baking experiences.
All purpose flour(maida) 1 1/3 cups
Cocoa powder 1/3 cup
Powdered sugar 1cup
Baking powder 1tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Oil 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence 1tsp
Curd/yogurt 1 1/2 cups
Salt a pinch
- Grease a 8"baking tin
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- sieve flour,baking powder,baking soda,cocoa twice,set aside.
- Cream together oil and sugar,then add yogurt and beat some more
- add vanilla ,salt and beat once more.
- Add sifted flour mixture in batches.
- Gently cut and fold the batter.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Set in a preheated oven on the low rack and bake for 30-35 minutes or till the tester comes out clean.
NOTE:The original recipe calls for 1 3/4 cups of yogurt,i felt it is a bit more so reduced the quantity.