I came across this beautiful recipe by Nita Mehta from a cookbook that came as a compliment with my oven.A very easy one to prepare and be stored for few days.
Apples (nice and juicy) 2nos
Lemon juice 1.5tsp
- Wash,peel and grate apples.
- In a microwave safe glassbowl take the grated apples,cover with a lid and heat in micro mode for about 3 minutes on high.
- Add sugar,lime juice,cinnamon and stir with a spatula.
- Again heat in micro mode for 8 minutes uncovering the bowl(stopping the oven and stirring in between)
- Jam is ready
- Store in a clean and dry jar.
- Use as a spread with bread/toast.
Any variety of apple may be used.I have used 2 red delicious and 2 Kashmir as I have prepared it with 4 apples
The use of lime juice,sugar can be increased or decreased depending upon taste of apples and also to suit ones tastebuds.