Flaxseed is regarded as one of the most powerful plant food.It has the capacity to reduce the risk of heat disease,diabetes,stroke,cancer,etc.,It is high in Omega-3 fatty acids,antioxidants and fibre,if used in daily diet can be beneficial to a healthy living.It acts as a good substitute for egg in cakes.
Here is an interesting recipe that I had come across in a TV Channel.
Chana daal (split yellow peas) 2tbsp
Urad daal (split black gram) 2tbsp
Dry coconut 1/2cup
Tamarind chickpea sized
Red chillies 5 byadagi and 2 guntur
Salt to taste(1tsp,apprx)
- Dry roast on medium flame chana daal till colour changes,urad daal till a nice aroma is felt and colour changes,set on a plate.
- Dry roast flax seeds till its aroma is felt and it starts crackling and popping .
- Also roast red chillies to crisp and dry coconut till light golden.
- Take everything in a clean and dry blending jar,chop the dates before adding.
- Blend to a nice powder consistency.
- Store in a clean dry jar.
- Serve with rice,rotis,dosas etc.,
- Roast the ingredients on a medium flame carefully.
- Dates can be substituted with jaggery/light brown sugar.
- Can also add a flake of crushed garlic while roasting.