This is one of the best eggless cake tried out recently thanks to Raks kitchen .I have just modified the method of preparation.i.e.,steps that I follow while baking.Here the fresh ones have been replaced with dried berries instead(thanks to my sis Anu who got a nice pack of dried blueberries ).I had baked cupcakes using fresh blueberries long long time ago and can still remember how the berries had let their juices melt into the cake while baking and it was perfect.The idea of macerating(soaking) struck me and there was no looking back as I love my silicon flower cup cake moulds too!!!and one more eggless cake recipe...yippeeee and it was delicious :) and worth trying out.
All purpose flour/Maida 1.5cups(minus 3tbsp)
Baking soda 1/2tsp
Baking powder 1tsp
Powdered sugar 3/4cup
Vanilla essence 1tsp
Salt a pinch(optional)
- Soak the dried berries with little warm water just for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line muffin moulds with paper cups and grease with oil,if using silicon moulds just grease with oil.
- Sieve maida,cornflour,baking soda and baking powder 2-3 times.
- In a bowl first whisk curd and sugar well and then add oil and whisk some more.
- Add vanilla then the sifted flour in batches and gently fold the batter.
- Fold in the berries and combine well.
- Pour into the prepared moulds until 3/4 full(as it will puff up while baking)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Tranfer on a wire rack gently sliding out of the mould if using paper cups as the heat will make the cake continue cook further and become dry.For silicon moulds just shake and lightly press the corners and slowly slide over the wirerack to prevent over baking.
- Perfect snack with a hot cup of coffee or tea.