This is a very tasty recipe of sweet chutney that I follow these days which can be served with chaats,dhokla and stuff like that.With a little effort one can prepare this and store in a bottle jar that comes out handy whenever need arises.
Coriander powder 2tsp
Asafoetida(hing) a pinch
Red chilli powder 2tsp
Garam masala powder 1tsp
Black salt 1/2tsp
Roasted cumin powder 2tsp
- Soak tamarind and dates separately using warm water and set aside for 2-3 hours.
- Take the soaked dates(reserve the drained water)in a blender and prepare a paste.
- Transfer into a soup pot.
- In the same blending jar blend tamarind with little water and extract pulp using a strainer.
- Do this until fibre is visible,needs about 1.5-2 cups of water.
- Add the tamarind extract into the pot containing dates pulp along with jaggery,salt and bring to a nice rolling boil.
- Reduce the flame to low and boil for 15-20 minutes.switch off the flame and let it cool
- In a small seasoning pan roast on low heat coriander powder,asafoetida,red chilli powder carefully without burning the ingredients.
- Switch off the heat and to this mix garam masala,black salt and roasted cumin powder and let it cool.
- when the chutney is completely cooled add the roasted masala and mix well
- Store in a clean dry glass bottle jar .
- Stays good for couple of months.