Who does not like to munch cookies and there are a hundred varieties to try out.We had come across Hyderabadi karachi biscuits in stores here that are simply out of the world.It tempted me to try out baking it at home and this is a fantastic recipe of karachi fruit biscuits that i came accross while surfing the net.This was tried out long time back and was lying in my draft folder.I have tried both fruit and nut variety.Will post the nut variety soon!!.The credit goes to cafeGarima and really appreciate for the wonderful recipe with ingredients that are usually available in kitchen pantry.
All purpose flour/Maida 1 cup+1tbsp
Butter 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar 1/2 cup
Tutti Frutti 1/3cup
Cardamom(elaichi) powder 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence 1/2tsp
- Sift the flour.
- Let the butter come to room temperature(if refrigerated)
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until well combined using a wire whisk or electric beater which is actually faster and less laborious.
- Add tutti frutti,vanilla and mix using a spatula.
- Now add sifted flour in batches gently mixing the dough till all flour gets consumed.
- Gently combine everything but dont knead the dough.
- Now your cookie dough is ready to shape.
- Make small balls of even size and slightly flatten else to get the above shape follow the notes below.
- Place them on a baking tray giving atleast an inch of space between cookies as they tend to expand while baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven @180 degrees centigrade for 13-15 minutes
- The cookies will be brown at the bottom but the center will be a little soft which is fine.
- They get crunchier as they cool down.
- Store in a jar and consume.
- As per the original recipe rose extract is used which i have replaced with vanilla as i like the flavour.You can try any flavour of your choice.
- The shape of the cookies here is square.
- To get it i have just taken an empty carton of aluminium foil and lined it with a plastic sheet or cling film.
- Then spread the dough evenly to fit in it.
- Use hands to evenly spread the dough in the entire carton .
- Gently fold the plastic sheet and close the carton.
- Tie the box and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Open the plastic wrap and slice the dough into 1 inch thickness.
- Bake in a preheated oven.