This is a very nice and tasty curry prepared using fresh vegetables,spices and coconut milk when served with either plain rice or any kind of fried rice.It truly tastes heaven and also gives a restaurant feeling but of course healthy as home cooked food is always the best.
Spring Onion 2-3nos(chopped)
Baby corn 4-5nos(cut into fingers)
broccoli florets 1cup
Carrot(sliced) 1/2cup(1" fingers)
Oil 4-5 tsp
(byadagi variety) 5nos
Garlic flakes,peeled 8 flakes
Ginger,fresh& chopped 1tsp
Black peppercorn 4-5 nos
Coriander seeds 2tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Soy sauce 1/2tsp
Lime juice 1tsp
Salt to taste
Fresh grated coconut 1cup(tender variety)
Rice flour 1tsp
Basil leaves 3-4(fresh or dried)
Lemon grass 3-4 pieces(1" pieces)
- Boil red chillies with little water,cover and set it aside.
- Blend coconut using about 1-1..5 cup of water in batches and extract milk,to this add rice flour and give a nice whisk.
- In a blending jar take the red chillies(drain the water)and blend coarsely,add all the ingredients mentioned for paste and prepare a smooth paste adding required amount of water.
- Heat a skillet and add the sliced carrot,baby corns drizzling a little water.Cover and cook for2-3minutes,once tender add the cauliflower/broccoli florets and a tsp of oil and saute for 2-3 minutes adding a dash of salt.Cover and cook for another 2 minutes,let stand for few minutes.
- Set the sauteed vegetables on a plate.
- Heat the same skillet used for sauteeing vegetables with 2-3 tsp of oil and saute chopped spring onions for couple of minutes.
- Add the prepared red paste and saute on low flame for 5-7 minutes stirring in between.
- Now add the sauteed veggies,salt to taste,jaggery,coconut milk,basil leaves,lemon grass,add water if the gravy becomes too thick.\
- Cover with a lid and cook on a low flame for 5-7minutes.
- Serve with white or boiled rice or noodles.